Nephrology and Acid-Base Disorders – with all the authority of Harrison’s
A Doody’s Core Title for 2022!
Featuring a superb compilation of chapters related to nephrology and acid-base disorders derived from Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, Nineteenth Edition (including content from the acclaimed Harrison’s DVD, now available here in print), this concise, full-color clinical companion delivers the latest knowledge in the field backed by the scientific rigor and authority that have defined Harrison’s. You will find 23 chapters from 45 renowned editors and contributors in a carry-anywhere presentation that is ideal for the classroom, clinic, ward, or exam/certification preparation.
- Content reflects the full scope of nephrology
- Valuable opening sections provides a systems overview, covering renal development, function, and physiology, and provides an overview of how the kidney responds to injury
- Complete coverage of essential topics such as acidosis and alkalosis, fluid and electrolyte disorders, and hypercalcemia
- Integration of pathophysiology with clinical management
- High-yield board review questions make this text ideal for keeping current and preparing for the boards
- Helpful appendix of laboratory values of clinical importance