Dr. William Herring’s Learning Radiology: Recognizing the Basics, 5th Edition, remains the leading introductory radiology text for medical students and others who are required to read and interpret common radiologic images. Using an easy-to-follow pattern recognition approach, this clearly written, highly illustrated text teaches how to differentiate normal and abnormal images of all modalities. From the basics of patient safety, dose reduction, and radiation protection to the latest information on ultrasound, MRI, and CT, it provides a complete, up-to-date introduction to radiology needed by today’s students.
- Uses a clear, conversational writing style—with a touch of humor—to explain what you need to know to effectively interpret medical images of all modalities.
- Teaches how to arrive at a diagnosis by following a pattern recognition approach, and logically overcome difficult diagnostic challenges with the aid of decision trees.
- Employs an easy-to-read, bullet-point format, including bolded key points and icons designating special content: Diagnostic Pitfalls, Really Important Points, Take-Home Points, and Weblinks.
- Features more than 850 high-quality illustrations, useful tables, case study questions, and teaching boxes throughout.
- Offers quick review and instruction for medical students, residents, and fellows, as well as those in related fields such as nurse practitioners and physician assistants.