Master the essential medical-surgical nursing content you’ll need for success on the Next Generation NCLEX® Exam (NGN) and safe clinical practice! Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts for Interprofessional Collaborative Care, 10th Edition uses a conceptual approach to provide adult health knowledge and help you develop the clinical nursing judgment skills that today’s medical-surgical nurses need to deliver safe, effective care. “Iggy” emphasizes three emerging trends in nursing — interprofessional collaborative care, concept-based learning, and clinical judgment and systems thinking — trends that will ground you in how to think like a nurse and how to apply your knowledge in the classroom, simulation laboratory, and clinical settings. A perennial bestseller, “Iggy” also features NCLEX Exam-style Challenge and Mastery questions to prepare you for success on the NGN!
- Consistent use of interprofessional terminology promotes interprofessional collaboration through the use of a common healthcare language, instead of using isolated nursing-specific diagnostic language.
- UNIQUE! Enhanced conceptual approach to learning integrates nursing concepts and exemplars, providing a foundation in professional nursing concepts and health and illness concepts, and showing their application in each chapter.
- Unparalleled emphasis on clinical reasoning and clinical judgment helps you develop these vital skills when applying concepts to clinical situations.
- Emphasis on QSEN and patient safety focuses on safety and evidence-based practice with Nursing Safety Priority boxes, including Drug Alert, Critical Rescue, and Action Alert boxes.
- Direct, easy-to-read writing style features concise sentences and straightforward vocabulary.
- Emphasis on health promotion and community-based care reflects the reality that most adult health care takes place in environments outside of high-acuity (hospital) settings.