Authored by the world’s foremost stroke experts, this classic text brings you fully up to date with current research findings and management approaches for cerebrovascular disease. Stroke: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, and Management, 7th Edition, covers every aspect of this fast-moving field, and is an ideal resource for stroke specialists, general neurologists, and other medical professionals with an interest in stroke. You’ll find expert clinical guidance, comprehensive pathophysiology coverage, data from recent trials, advances in diagnostic tests, full-color CT images, pathology slides, and much more, for a complete picture of today’s stroke medicine.
- Helps you recognize the clinical manifestations of stroke, use the latest laboratory and imaging studies to arrive at a diagnosis, and generate an effective medical and surgical treatment plan.
- Keeps you abreast of the overwhelming volume of studies and guidelines in this dynamic field, providing clear summaries and practical evaluations of all relevant data.
- Contains updates throughout, including the latest clinical trials (thrombectomy, DAWN, DEFUSE), genetics research, prevention research, new therapies, and the new guidelines from the ASA.
- Includes new slides for lectures, covering basic science, case studies, and interventional treatment overviews.
- Features a Key Points summary at the beginning of each chapter so you can quickly find important information.
- Provides abundant full-color CT images and pathology slides that help you make efficient and accurate diagnoses.