- Content written and reviewed by leading experts in the field ensures that information is comprehensive, current, and clinically accurate.
- Interprofessional care is addressed in special Interprofessional Care sections and Interprofessional Care tables.
- Bridge to the NCLEX® Examination review questions reinforce key content and include both standard and alternate item format questions to help you prepare for the NCLEX exam.
- Coverage of cultural and ethnic health disparities highlights important issues such as risk factors, economic aspects, and access to health care.
- Coverage of gerontology and chronic illness is addressed in a separate chapter and highlighted in special gerontologic tables.
- Pathophysiology maps use flowcharts tooutline complex concepts related to diseases, making them easier to understand.
- Focused Assessment boxes provide brief checklists for a practical “assessment on the run” or bedside approach to assessment, and can be used to evaluate the status of previously identified health problems and monitor for signs of new problems.
- Safety Alert boxes highlight patient safety issues and focus on the National Patient Safety Goals.
- Nutritional Therapy tables summarize nutritional interventions and strategies for promoting healthy lifestyles.
- Promoting Population Health boxes summarize health care goals as they relate to specific disorders such as cancer and diabetes, and identify strategies for health promotion.
- Drug Therapy tables and Drug Alerts highlight important safety considerations for key drugs.
- Check Your Practice boxes challenge you to think critically, analyze patient assessment data, and implement appropriate interventions.
- Coverage of genetics includes a separate chapter on genetics, Genetics in Clinical Practice boxes covering disorders and genetic testing, risk alerts, and links to disorders.
- Focus on patient and caregiver teaching shows how you can help patients and caregivers learn to manage chronic illnesses and conditions.
- Ethical / Legal Dilemmas boxes introduce key topics such as informed consent, advance directives, and confidentiality.
Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing E-Book: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems, Single Volume 12th Edition
- 24/7 support available
- Payments are sucure and encrypted